About Creative Kids Club
- Creative Kids Club was set up by a group of home educating parents and a playworker in 2001.
- Creative Kids Club aims to provide a space for home educated children aged between 6 and 12 to take control of their learning, as part of a dynamic and mutually supportive group, with adult facilitators.
- The facilitators work with the children in drawing out ideas and coming to democratic decisions about the term’s content, and provide plenty of creative inspiration and energy.
- Respectful communication, conflict resolution and an empathetic approach to emotional issues are at the heart of the group’s ethos.
What we do at Kids Club
- Play games
- Make films
- Work with clay
- Draw pictures
- Make plans together
- Grow plants
- Read stories
- .. and lots more
Find out more
- Download our leaflet about Creative Kids Club (pdf, 505kb)
- Find out more in our 'How it works' leaflet (pdf, 86kb)
"Creative Kids Club is all about kids taking control of their own learning experiences in a safe, caring, inclusive environment. We encourage independence, open mindedness, curiosity and creativity. It’s fun, it’s friendly and the adults who help all feel very privileged to be part of such a special group." Debbie, CKC worker